Re: Clarify trot easy, trot hard

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 13:38:00 -0600

At 10:57 AM 1/2/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Could you clarify for me trot easy, trot hard? Does this refer to
>speed, length or what? Make it easy...I'm only a human!

I would think that would vary by the horse - trotting easy for my horse may
mean your horse is giving it all he's got - or vice versa, of course :-) if
you have a hrm you may be able to define easy and hard by the readings on
that. if not, then by feel and knowledge of your horse's gait and way of
going. To me a hard trot is the one that's so big I can't even post to it :-)

What you are looking for (I think) is enough difference in the gait that the
horse can differentiate between the gears within that gait.

TH

Tina Hicks
Huntsville, AL
hickst@nichols.com