slurrrrrpiesss...

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:40:21 PST

People - don't go crazy because YOU feel a slur - your perspective may be
the thing that is skewed - NOT what you read/see/hear. Always consider
this tale before taking the deep dive of the wide open mouth:

A man is flying down a curvey road in his shiny red convertible.
Rounding a curve he meets a woman in her station wagon. They barely
miss each other, tires squalling, and she yells out her open window at
him, "PIG!!!"

Of course he's annoyed. What man wants to be shouted at and called a
pig? (Even one who IS a chauvinist pig would rather not hear it shouted
at him.)

So he continues around the curve at high speed, angry at being SLURRED
even though he carries equal responsibility at the near collision,

and hits the pig in the road.

RReceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id JAA14536; Mon, 23 Dec 1996 09:29:43 -0800 (PST)
From: lcrowley@ccmailpc.ctron.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 96 10:58:33 EST
Encoding: 356 Text
To: dfletche@gte.net, ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: Way to go DuncanF.!

Well said,
I too do not post to this list often. But I will not stand by and
watch the character of a reputable person diliberately muddied!
If I were the Cosequin people I would distance myself very quickly
from this VTCI group. The ripples from things like this can last a
long time.

LoisC
NH

eceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id OAA19186; Mon, 23 Dec 1996 14:53:51 -0800 (PST)