re: Professional vs. amateur...Solo, too?

Linda VanCeylon (LVanCeylon@vines.ColoState.EDU)
Fri, 13 Dec 96 9:15:58 MST

Great idea, Laney. And, while we're at it, why not require all the
"professionals" to ride solo. That would certainly separate the those with
true skill and talent from those who depend on their pit crew.

Think about it, when the Professional division is instigated as is, there
will also be "prfessional" pit crews. That's right, well paid pit crews who
can make or break your ride. Starting to sound like NASCAR, huh.

Linda Van Ceylon
lvanceylon@vines.colostate.edu
-------------
Original Text
>From ridecamp@endurance.net, on 12/12/96 4:24 PM:
To: <ridecamp@endurance.net>

Why not just have "professional", and "amateur" divisions at a lot of rides,
especially the larger ones. And while we're at it, what about more rides
having a "solo" category. I agree with whoever it was that commentted on
the different playing fields experienced by those who compete with a crew
and those who go it alone. Just having someone else
hold/massage/feed/water
your horse so that you can lie down for a few minutes is an incredible
luxury, especially on 75-100 mile rides.

Laney wrote:
>This sure seems to me to be a good first step. Then:
> 1.Should "professional" riders & horses then be allowed to also
>compete in "amateur" rides?
> 2.Should amateurs be allowed to ride in "professional" rides?
> 3.Should there be different drug testing rules for "professional"
>and "amateur" rides?
> 4.Should sponsors of "professional" rides be required to pay
>anything to AERC to cover the expenses of administering these rides?
> 5.Should any of the money sponsors of "professional" rides pay
AERC
>be given to managers of "amateur" rides to help defray their expenses?
> etc., etc., etc.
>Laney

Patty and The Roan

Rainbow Paso Fino Ranch