Another comment on BC awards and First Place

JOSEPH PETER UHLARIK JR (jpu@kaiwan009.kaiwan.com)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 19:33:27 -0800 (PST)

Someone wrote:

>I agree with Joyce on this one. I would like to see Best
>Condition considered 1st place with the top ten placed in order
>of their vet scores.

This sounded like a great idea. Even better (from my point of view :-) )
would be to use the best conditions scores instead of just the vet scores.

I am assuming that the vet scores as mentioned do not include the effect
of time penalties but the best condition scores include the effect of
vet scores with the impact of slow times lowering the scores.

It seems that this would make for some interesting strategy for the rider
in terms of balancing vet scores and riding time while still providing
significant incentive to protect the horse. (Just a perspective. :-) )

Enough for now

Joe jpu@kaiwan.com