Re: Be careful in the mud

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:51:41 -0800

Alright. Let me amend this. If you ride through an area that has a lot of
debris, protect your horse. I ride a lot USFS and state Forest Board land.
While the roadsides are sometimes used for dumps, the trails that tend to
be muddy are generally clear of debris. Land managers prefer to isolate
the damage rather than spread it across a wide area. If the mud hole is
deep enough to sink a horse to it's belly, then it is long past time for
trail maintenence. Sounds like its time to construct a puncheon bridge.
The fact that the horse would rather not, however, is not a reason to widen
the mud hole.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net