Re: Sharing the trails

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 11:04:51 -0800

And part of the fun for some Mt. Bikers is screaming down a singletrack and
around blind corners. Because it is fun is not a reason we should not be
courteous to other users. If the conditions are soft, limit your damage.
You might even be allowed to continue to use the trail. I am sorry, Teddy.
I spend too much time working to keep trails open for horse use not to pay
attention to reasonable complaints from non horse people.

On extremely difficult terrain, I let my horse choose his footing. But
generally I like my horse to go where I aim him. I do not need him to get
in the habit of thinking he dictates the path. I do not need to have my
kneecap banged because my horse decided he didn't want to walk through the
mud.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net