Re: Improving gut sounds

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:09:13 -0800

Diane Nelson wrote:

> Yes, I forgot--and you can buy large quantities of plain yogurt for not
> much. In truth I haven't tried this approach yet. However, Pro-Bi also has
> Aloe Vera, L. Salivarius, Chlorophyll liquid, peppermint, ginger, dandelion
> & violet leaves--all known for "soothing" properties.
>
> I've been finding that it is effective even in smaller doses than I listed,
> particuarly when used as a mixture with electrolytes (I have also heard of
> some people mixing it with a little Maalox).
>
> Diane
>
> At 06:02 AM 12/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >Yogurt also works quite well..AND, you can share it with your horse!!!
> >
> >Teddy
> >
> >This is of zero informational value, just a funny story re yogurt. A
few years ago when I was doing DMG research I had to go out every day
and individually squirt a dosage syringe full of DMG mixed in applesauce
down about 16 horse's throats. One day I ran out of applesauce, so
after scratching our heads for awhile, we used a container of lemon
yogurt (anything in the lab frig is fair game) which we figured wouldn't
affect the research protocol. The horse that got the yogurt liked it so
much he tried to climb into my pocket to see if there was any more, and
the next day instead of just allowing the stuff to be squirted into his
mouth, he grabbed the whole syringe and took off with it! Since he was
a State-owned horse, I had all kinds of dire visions of Death By Dosage
Syringe, so spent a half hour chasing him all over the field until he
FINALLY dropped the thing. So I guess at least SOME horses REALLY
REALLY like yogurt.

Susan Evans