Re: NO: GALLOP POLL

Patricia Chase (ponies@foothills.eznet.com)
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:56:48 -0800

>To: RUN4BEAR@aol.com
>From: ponies@eznet.com (Patricia Chase)
>Subject: Re: NO: GALLOP POLL
>
>><<So...does that mean that you guys are going to be attacking the IAHA for
>>their *large* *cash* sweepstakes awards next?
>>Patty and The Roan
>>
>>Rainbow Paso Fino Ranch
>>4331 Garden Spot Rd.
>>Clayton, WA 99110>>
>>

>>Hey, we are not ATTACKING anyone...this dicourse is individual expression of
>>our First Ammendment Freedoms!!
>>
>>Teddy

Could have fooled me. It seems hypocritical, to say the very least, to
carry on and on and on about Nutramax, and the "evil" influence of money,
when the IAHA has been handing out cash prizes of the same magnitude for
years, and been greatly lauded for "supporting the sport". To my knowledge,
there has been no great public debate or outcry about horses being
overridden for profit and glory at these races. I really don't understand
the difference between the sweepstakes money handed out at AERC rides and
the Cosequin Challenge, except that the latter is available to riders of
*all* breeds of horses and mules (or is that part of the problem?).

You do realise, of course, that if you want to have cash prizes eliminated
from all AERC rides, that that would mean alienating the major breed
organisation "that supports the sport".

Patty and The Roan (who is having a horselaugh)