Re: Pulled at the finish and ego, etc.

Mary H. Moore (mmoore@imcbbs.imcnet.net)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 16:45:57 -0500 (EST)

At 11:58 AM 12/6/96 EDT, run4bear wrote:
>Here on the Ohio CTR circuit we have "elevator" rides. They consist of multi
>day rides where you can ride (and pay for ) one day at a time. Each day you
>have the otpion of stopping and being eligabel for awards at that distance or
>going on.

i rather like this option, especially for someone who is just starting out.
i have yet to compete in a CTR or an endurance ride because i dont feel my
horse is conditioned yet, and because i cant seem to find any rides within a
decent distance of where i live.

i look at say a 50 mile ride, and say, ok, maybe. but i am concerned that
when ii get there, dot may not be as ready as i thought, etc. the option
of "pay as you go" would give me peace of mind that i was not pushing her
beyond her limits. in fact, i have no clue what this horse's limits ARE at
this point. she just goes and goes and will work her heart out for me.

is there anyone on this list who is in NY who can fill me in on the rides in
this area, say central ny and the adirondacks???

mary and dottie

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Look for Heather Moore's novel...... SURRENDER TO LOVE........ an October
1996 Zebra Lovegram release from Kensington Publishers. You can find it at
http://www.amazon.com.