Re: Fainting/Collapse

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
(no date)

RUN4BEAR@aol.com wrote:

> Garrett:
>
> Let us know what you find out on this 'fainting" horse. The closest thing I
> ever heard of is a friends mare who lost her ability to "lock" her knees when
> sleeping at a stand. She eventually put her down...the mare was always
> hurting herself in her "falls".
>
> GOOD LUCK!!!
>
> Teddy

I know of several TB mares that do this, one of them mine. While doing
a BabyWatch last spring, you could watch her dozing off, her knees
starting to buckle, than she'd catch herself just as her nose hit the
the ground. The other mare I know goes all the way down with a crash
and just stays there---better one bump than twenty, I guess.

Susan