Re: Cash Prizes and alternate ways of sponsoring AERC events.

Allen Xrealname Linda Eisele (linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us)
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 22:46:14 -0800 (PST)

At 03:10 PM 12/3/96 -0800, Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 wrote:
>Along with the other posters to the endurance list, I am adamantly opposed
>to cash prizes being awarded for AERC events. The many reasons have been
>covered by others.
>
>I do have a suggestion, however.
>
>There are good marketing reasons for companys marketing products such as
>Cosequin to align themselves with our sport. Rather than rebuffing them
>totally, can we encourage them to donate this money to the things that mean
>the most to us - our trails, parks, park land acquisition, and projects like
>the restoration of No-Hands Bridge? Alternately, "sponsors" of rides could
>donate this money to a vet-school for endurance horse research.
>
>Park budgets are so tight right now that this money would really boost the
>coffers, and would help keep trails open for equestrians.
>
>Linda Cowles
>
>P.S. Susan, your letter works for me, with the possible additioon of trying
>to get sponsorship money donated in a way that will benefit our sport, our
>"arena", and/or our horses.

This is great!!! What a better way to use the money but to put it into such
things as Linda mentioned. No hands Bridge sure could use a hand now!!
Here's lookin back atya.......()()
Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\
hubby, Allen and the General (* *)\\_______~~~~~~~
linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us ( )