Re: cash prizes for aerc events?

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 15:28:24 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

> It would be interesting to know how you on this list feel about cash prizes
> for an AERC event? Do you think it would change the sport? For better or for
> worse? Do you think most people ride the big -name endurance races (like the

San, I have to agree with Bob that it would quickly lead to professional
jockies. Unless there would be some sort of ceiling keeping it competitive
for the non-professional. I for one, think that it needs to be kept as the
last pure amatuer sport. But then again I wouldn't oppose a professional
level. One in which amatuers are strictly banned.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter