Re: towing capacity

Jeff Forbes (forbes@vail.net)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:10:25 -0700

Charlene Bartholomae wrote:

> Bambi,
> Is your ford a standard trans?
> what rear end?
> Charlene B.
> It's an automatic, which is supposed to be better for towing, and has a
4.10 ratio limited slip axil (I'm not really truck-tech smart - is that
the rear end stuff?) Also it's a "power stroke" turbo diesel and has the
trailer towing package. After Nancy's post though, I hope we don't run
into transmission, brake and frame problems. We definately use the
trailer brake to help on the downhills. We've had it 2 yrs. Oh and BTW,
I'm not too excited about the weight of this trailer (a Travelute with a
steel floor - great trailer except for weight) and would love to have an
aluminum one! Too many $$$! Bambi