Re: bran mash

Rebecca Hackworth (bechack@cnsii.com)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:26:16 -0800

At 12:31 PM 11/25/96 +1000, you wrote:
>At 01:51 25/11/96 GMT, you wrote:
>

>Obviously a handful or two of bran a couple of times a week is
>not going to a lot of harm in most cases but it wouldn't be a bad
>idea to throw in a bit of calcium rich food, like lucerne, (or alfalfa
>as the Americans call it), to balance things if you're feeding a
>lot of bran.

Well here in So Cal, it seems to be a ritual to give a 3lb coffee can of
bran mash once a week, traditionally on Sundays.

Also ask your vet about using psyllium instead of bran for sand. As I
understand it bran doesn't help much for sand.

I like the idea that my horses are used to bran for use at a ride. I don't
like to use anything new at a ride.

Becky Hackworth
Alpine Ca

PS Who all is going to Caspers Park ride?