Re: New Shoes - Need Help

Laney Humphrey (laneyh@mbay.net)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:11:54 -0800

You wrote:
As my horse travels down the
>trail we are accompanied by a very noticable click-click. I am on my 4th
>farrier, he's a great guy, pays a lot of attention to how the horse wears her
>shoes (but not enough to how she actually goes-just my opinion). He is the
>best I've had yet, but when we talk about her clipping her shoes he says
>"Some horses do that". I have to belive that anything repeatedly hitting my
>mares feet is bad, espescially when it is another foot.
> My horses toes were so long she looked like she had foundered
>after he trimed her. When I asked him to shorten them he said " Look, Hon, I
>know what I'm doing. This is how we shoe racehorses." I told him to get out
>NOW.
>
>Thaks for letting me vent.
>Jane

Look at the website "www.horseshoes.com," especially the "farriers helping
horseowners" bulletin boards. The website is a one-man operation and, IMHO,
has some problems but it is a resource for shoeing problems that we should
take advantage of until something better comes along. Since we own horses
with unique shoeing needs, we ought to make ourselves known to the farrier
community instead of assuming any farrier will know how to deal with our
horses' problems.
Laney