Re: tying up

Laney Humphrey (laneyh@mbay.net)
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:13:51 -0800

Tom wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I have a request. Please don't "copy to" your questions to me if you intend
>them to be answered in the public forum--I get stuck with answering them
>once--usually direct to the person, then finding that another version of the
>question appears in Ridecamp.
>
>ti

Ever since the change to Ridecamp a few months ago, I've been
struggling with how to get my messages to Ridecamp and not to the mailbox of
the poster. I just got it figured out and thought I'd pass the info on. I
use Eudora for e-mail and it will not, no way, never let me add
"ridecamp@endurance.net" to the address if I hit the "reply" arrow. I was
really getting frustrated because it seemed like I couldn't post to the
group. But serendipity won again - I discovered the "forward" arrow!!!
Using that let's me add "ridecamp" as the address and, with a little
deleting to pare the post down to the essentials, it works. (For those of
you who think of instruction manuals as light reading, forgive my preference
for stumbling around in the fog until something works.)
Laney