Re: corn oil

Laney Humphrey (laneyh@mbay.net)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 07:04:13 -0800

>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>From: Laney Humphrey <laneyh@mbay.net>
>Subject: Re: corn oil
>

>My horse literally licks his bucket to get every bit of corn oil/rice bran.
I use a cow molasses tub (about three feet across - doesn't tip over) which
as a funny 2 pronged "knob" in the middle of the bottom. Most of the rice
bran sticks to the feed mixture thanks to the oil but inevitably some works
its way down into the crack in the knob. One day recently, I watched Dudley
lick that knob for about 5 minutes to get every morsel!
> Following Susan Evans discussion of fat/fit - maybe Dudley has been
more towards the 4 side and Teddy & Susan Swope, maybe your horses are more
towards the 5 end and don't feel the need for more calories? Just a thought.