Re: Heart Monitors

RUN4BEAR@aol.com
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:56:13 -0500

> Teddy writes:

Lucie:

Riding with heartbelts has many times been proven problemsome. The placment
of the electrodes must be adequately disatnced from one another and placed
in
such a manner that body movement does not cause erratic readings. Hence, I
do not recommend riding with a heartbelt. They are very good and accurate
while stading or under ideal conditions, but in the the long run, you will
find the wired models such as the V-max are accuarte 95% of the time...AND,
they can be used with a separate heartbelt when the saddle is stripped for
continuation of reading at vet checks.

Teddy<
(who has plently in stock for Christmas delivery)

--------------
>>Teddy, I have heard this also, but wonder why it is? If they work
adequately for a human runner, why not for a horse? Why do the
electrodes have to be farther apart? Can you or Rodger comment on
this? Why would they be accurate for the horse standing, and not
the horse moving?

Karen<<

Karen: I e-mailed Roger today and asked him to respond to this. After all,
he developed this HRM and knows beter than I. He actually TESTS out every
type of monitor on his own horses in comeptition.

Teddy