Re: fei qualifications

barfield@primenet.com
Thu, 14 Nov 96 01:22:39 GMT

On 11/13/96 3:50PM, in message <"S8Ih_3.0.K21.S4bYo"@starfish>,
ridecamp@endurance.net wrote:

> Can someone point me to a source of information
> on rider and horse qualification requirements for
> fei endurance competition? Specifically I'd like
> to know how many 100's a horse and rider team
> need to have done together.
>
> If there's a publication that has all this info,
> let me know, and I'll put up a web page.
>
> Steph
> Steph,

Each country establishes requirements for their teams-for the USA the AHSA is
the national body and I will give you the qualifications they published (by
letter) for the 96 WEC. As I recall, they are the same as those for the 1995
NAC except for the age of the horse (7 for NAC).

HORSE:
1. Must be at least 8 years (96 months) prior to the ride.
2. Must be registered in the AERC mileage program and have an AERC #.
3. Must have completed a minimum of 750 verifiable lifetime miles under FEI or
AERC rules.
4. Must have completed at least two 100 mile in one day rides (FEI or AERC)

RIDER:
1. U.S< citizen or compliance with FEI Article 123.5
2. Must be current member of AERC and have #
3. Must be current member of AERC International
4. Must be a current member of USET and AHSA
5. Must be 18 during 1996 or juniors 14 with advance permission by AHSA
6. 750 lifetime miles (same as horse)
8. Two 100's (as horse)

HORSE AND RIDER COMBO:
1. 200 miles lifetime (FEI or AERC)
2. One 100 (FEI or AERC)

OTHER:
1. Horse must have a lifetime recording certificate with AHSA
2. Horse must have an FEI passport validated by AHSA