Re: Yeow! Bareback?

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 22:50:03 +0000

Diane F Arnett wrote:

> I must finally say may own .02. I do believe this is the type of
> response most people are referring to when the say -- LIGHTEN UP --!!!
> I was rather under the impression that a woman wrote that little essay.
> Nevertheless, maybe "David" should have been offended by the joke about
> putting the bumper sticker above your bed "To finish is to win", I'm sure
> he took that in good fun as it was intended and wasn't offended. The essay
> about the woman
> in the skirt was also intended in good fun and I don't believe was meant
> to ridicule.
> I have been on this list about a month. I joined with the hopes
> of learning about the sport of endurance riding. I am very excited about
> competing, but I am getting sick of opening my e-mail to read nothing but
> bickering instead of meaningful discussions about the SPORT. As it is I
> am scared to open my mouth for fear of initiating a riot.
> Can we please get on with talking about the sport of endurance
> riding, and not be offended by EVERYTHING people say.

Hi Diane
THANK YOU!!! As a matter of fact, both this essay and the joke about the bumper sticker
on the headboard were written by not only by a woman (me) but the same woman at
that. Anyone who can't figure out that these are simply light-hearted, harmless
attempts at FUN need to not only lighten up, but get a sense of humor surgically
implanted. No one meant to ridicule, pass judgment on anyone's religion or freedom
of clothing choice---it was simply my own admittedly twisted interpretations on
the possible outcomes and reasons for a bad case of Firebutt. If someone feels Closer
To God by riding 25 miles in a skirt, great, they're a hardier breed
than me. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bad old world and whatever makes you happy
is OK by me. If they don't like my sense of humor, skip over my posts. But I don't
deserve to be personally attacked and accused of a lack of morals and integrity just
because I have a sense of humor and choose to share it with the people I consider
friends until proven otherwise.

P.S. I read my "essay" to my sister-in-law, whose religion instructs her to wear dresses,
and even she thought it was a scream. (The essay, not the idea of riding bareback in
a skirt). Go figure.

Diane, thank you for your common sense and perspective.

Susan Evans, also Cato, Katy, Lady and Dakota