Re: Nat'l Geographic

RGoodwin (richard.goodwin@lc.ca.gov)
Tue, 05 Nov 1996 10:39:37 -0800

Susan F. Evans wrote:
> Last July, there was a camera crew wandering around Wendell Robie Eq Park
> filming the Tevis pre-ride and I assume the ride itself, for National
> Geographic Explorer. I haven't seen anything on TV yet about it, but
> am rarely around to turn on the TV to check! Has anyone else seen/heard
> anything about when it might air?

Susan, here's the straight poop:

The program will be airing on TBS Cable channel on:

Sunday, Nov. 17th at 4:35PM and 8:30PM PST; (7:35PM and 11:30PM EST)
and again on
Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 7:35PM PST; (10:35PM EST)

Check your local television listings or call
The National Geographic at 202-857-7215, Washington, D.C.

The new Tevis Web site also has these times listed, with links to both
Nat'l Geo and Turner Broadcasting. We will adjust our info on the web
site if we hear of any changes or additional airings.

If you live within an easy drive of the Auburn, CA, area, please
consider joining with other Tevis boosters for a special meeting of
FOWSTA (Friends of the Western States Trail Alliance) to view the 8:30PM
showing on the 17th. It will be held at a local Auburn restaurant that
has a sports screen. Look for final details on the Tevis web site real
soon.

/richard (Tevis site webmeister)

--
 _    ,--/   trailride@foothill.net is the address of
<_ __/ /\|   Natalie's "Barn & Breakfast" in Weimar, CA.