Subject: Re: Re[2]: SS slipping
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 11/5/96 11:08 AM

-Bonnie, a couple of thoughts....not to disagree with you or
anything. My mare is also barrel shaped, with no withers. This
is the mare where I can lean over and pick up things off the ground,
and not have the saddle slip. BUT, it is the one with the nylon
bottom....

-If you say the pommel seems to "perch" up on top of the withers,
my first thought is that the saddle is too far forward! When ridden
with a loose cinch, the saddle will sort of naturally find the right
spot on the back of the horse. It should not be held in place with
a tight cinch, or breastcollar.

-Anyway, just a few comments!!

-Karen

Would anyone with one of the older models like to trade me?

Bonnie Snodgrass

To: ridecamp@endurance.net