Re: Re[2]: cooling out the long haired horse in winter question

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 23:20:06 -0600

We can also get the Rambo turnouts here. Owning two horses they've cost
prohibitive. The best blanket I ever owned was a cheapo from teh local
store b/c I couldn't get to another store, ad the temp dropped very sharply.
I've never participated in a sport where I had to blanket regularly. I
never have gotten my horses so hot that I couldn't throw a cooler on them
and put them in the stall to dry out for awhile. I know that in endurance
you couldn't do this after a long distance. I'm sure my management tactics
would be diffeent if I were in your shoes.

alice