Re: Working w/ Polar Fleece

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 23:20:09 -0600

Boy do I know about the stretching!! The blanket I started making last year
was too small around the middle and too big in the front. I must have
stretched the front end too much. I bought more mateirals to fix it but
havn'e done it yet. I couldn't believe how this blanket did not fit the
horse, but it was definitly a good move inthe material departmtnet.

alice
=======================================
At 02:02 PM 11/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>A friend of mine makes polar fleece coolers & blanket liners. She
>has found that the material stretches at any stress point (where
>straps attach, at the neck, etc.). If you make something using polar
>fleece, be sure to reinforce these areas.
>
>I got one of her prototype liners - the neck hole opened up half way
>down his back by the end of the season from all of the stretching.
>Needless to say, there was a design change! Polar fleece definitely
>eliminated the shoulder rubs he used to get from wearing a blanket so
>much after clipping.
>
>Linda Flemmer
>ABF Challenger ("Rocket") & Eternal Point ("Major")
>Blue Wolf Ranch Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
>
> "In case of emergency - Fur side up, steel side down!"

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods