Re: CS and GAGs

Stephanie Teeter (step@bluefish.fsr.com)
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:15:43 -0700

Thanks for the reply Bill. These compounds act as joint
nutrients and are a hot product for horses. (also used
in people and dogs). Many race horse owners and
endurance horse owners use them preventatively and also
to treat degenerative joint problems. The injectable
(Adequan) GAGs have been proven to go directly to the
joint, the ingestible products (CS's) are not so proven,
as there is speculation about what happens to them in
the horse's digestive tract. But anecdotal evidence
is positive.

You answered my question - thanks much.

Steph