Re: hello

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 23:47:50 -0500

NATRC is the only orginazation I know anything about. I know that smaller
horses cool out better and that smaller muscled horses do better than bigger
muscled ones. I had a walker for 5 years that I intended to put into CTR,
but when I became serious about dressage, I sold him. Now I'm looking for
another. However, he was a big horse too. He had lots of heart and good
recoveries when in shape. Someone once told me that walkers weren't good
b/c of head movement--it wore them out faster than say a foxtrotter, or a
regular trotting horse. Is this true from anyone's experience?

Which horse are referring to here. I have a Hanoverian/thorobred and a
quarter horse/rheinlander. He's slower and lazier. She's a major go getter
and sometimes burns herself out, but smaller muscled.
Alice
=======
At 01:14 PM 10/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alice,
>
> Your horse is more suited to CTR ( at least probably) and suited to
>NATRC. From1986-92 the President's Cup winners were not arabs or arab
>crosses. oops 1990 was an arab. To ride a non arab you have to ride smarter
>( ie offer water and sponge alot, check the maps for likely surprise P&R's ,
>walk into P&R's etc). NATRC is a great organization and a great place to
>start your horse, you may move on to other groups but NATRC will give you the
>base to go on.
>
>Mary Lynn

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie in Kentucky
(Also Lacie, the honorary dachs and Willie's sister
and best friend, and Turbo{get the Kittie} Kittie,
Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Musn't forget Chester and Hannah, the wonder horses.