Re: pre-purchase vet checks

Jennifer H. Henry (jhhenry@mail.netshop.net)
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:26:36
>To: SandyDSA@aol.com
>From: "Jennifer H. Henry" <jhhenry@mail.netshop.net>
>Subject: Re: pre-purchase vet checks
>
>At 10:38 AM 10/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 96-10-14 09:58:50 EDT, you write:
>>
>>>3) The veterinarian that you choose should not have the seller of the
>>> horse as a client, ie should not be doing vet work for seller, nor
>>> should there be any other "relationship" between them, unless you know
>>> about it and feel that the vet will perform a fair evaluation for you
>>> despite the relationship, (be it business or personal). Conflict of
>>> interest is a potential minefield
>>
>>Just a note - lest we be disparaging about vets, I think the reverse must be
>>true, since a sale GENERALLY means that the vet is losing a "client". Short
>>of getting a kick-back (I don't know any vets who would do this), there is no
>>real benefit to any vet passing a horse who should not be passed. I think we
>>tred lightly here, folks! I have the utmost faith in the profession from a
>>professional standpoint.
>>san
>>
>>Here, HEAR!!
>
>We breed and raise horses of Crabbet lineage, Endurance lines, here in
B.C., Canada. We are proud of our horses and have recently successfully
placed some breeding and performance horses in wonderful and appreciative
homes in the US. As breeders, our reputation and credibilty is contingent
upon our honesty. We hope to find good, loving homes for our horses, so I
try *very* hard to describe the sale horse(s) as accurately and objectively
as possible,(*including* 'bad' habits) provide copies of registration papers
and exended pedigrees, as well as photos from all angles (i.e. conformation
'shots', feet, etc.)...so there are no 'surprises'! We also secure the
services of a renowned veterinarian, experienced in equine practice,
particularly in the area of distance and reproduction and ensure that a
comprehensive exam is done. So far, purchasers have been extremely
satisfied...the horses have gone to excellent homes, and we are all pleased.

>....hope this happens for others in most instances! Reputable breeders want
and need GOOD advertising by 'word of mouth', and want the very best homes
for the products of their breeding progamme, hence they/we try to be as
honest as we can, and even go to 'extra' lengths when great distance is
involved.

>thank you!
>
>Jennifer Henry, Tuscany Park Arabians

Brian & Jennifer Henry of Tuscany Park Arabians and J & B Saddlery
http:/www.mwsolutions.com/tuscany
E-Mail: jhhenry@mail.netshop.net or jhhenry@mail.awinc.com
Reg'l'r Mail : P.O. Box 276 (Martin Prairie Road)
PRITCHARD BC CANADA V0E 2P0 Ph:604-577-3525 Fax:604-577-3507