The biggest plus I have experienced since I started endurance last year is the
depth of the bonding I have experienced with my mare. I have had Nickie for
over 10 years and we do pretty good together. But there's no question that
our relationship has reached new territory since I have entered this field.
Without doubt the most rewarding activity to do with horses I have found. I
do believe that this isn't for everyone however. It is not a sport for
whinners. Your horse's comfort and well being comes before yours. If you
truly love horses and the outdoors and you have a strong sense of compassion,
this might be the sport for you. It also helps to be somewhat outgoing or in
the very least receptive to others because it involves a lot of comaradarie
and respect for others. It isn't necessarily competitive although you can be
as competitive as you want to be; you don't HAVE to be and you still enjoy.
Expense shouldn't be a big issue if you really enjoy something. You can do
this sport cheaply or expensively. It's very flexible. It's personal. It's
whatever you want it to be as long as your heart is in the right place.

Just my thoughts,
joyce
Arlington, WA