ridecamp@endurance.net: Fwd: [endurance] Flighty Arabs nurse talk

Fwd: [endurance] Flighty Arabs nurse talk

Zircmom@aol.com
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 03:06:41 -0400

hi linda, nice to get your letter. my shifts should be 12, but, as you
suspected, they ran over, i remember the old days (60,s -70's) when you went
to work in the icu, and you all worked. now, the census is up and down, and
people are cancelled right and left. So, when three nurses are cancelled on
a shift, then suddenly there are two balloon pumps, an emergent open heart. a
fallen rock climber, etc--you get the picture---14 hours. i wonder where
health care is going. but zirc and i had a wonderful ride today!! 20 miles
in these rocky mts.---i must be missing something-- i thought adequan was the
i.m. gags, and cosequan was the oral..i don,t believe i would ever do
intra-articular drugs for zirc, unless it was a very last resort. am just
looking for anything that helps him age "gracefully" anybody going to
bighorn? july 15, Wyo. kathy arnold is managing====should be a grreat
race. how about tevis? would be fun to meet each other. gotta go==am off
four days, and want to.ride all of them. sandy and zircon.
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: CVLNURS@CHKD-7.evms.edu (Linda Flemmer)
To: Zircmom@aol.com
Date: 96-06-27 08:15:29 EDT

> From: Zircmom@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 01:57:29 -0400
> To: CVLNURS@CHKD-7.evms.edu
> Cc: endurance@moscow.com
> Subject: Re: [endurance] Flighty Arabs

> thanks so much to all for the time and helpful hints. just finished three
14
> hour shifts in the icu so will look all this over and start tomorrow.

I'm a nurse at a children's hospital - when I still did shift work, our
longest
shift was 12 hours! How is a 14 hour shift run? Did you stay over to finish
up, or are you really scheduled that way??? At least you should have
several days off now! I work M-Fr. Hours are nice (no weekends or
holidays), but I don't get much time to ride/train.

Linda Flemmer
ABF Challenger ("Rocket") & Eternal Point ("Major")
Blue Wolf Equestrian Supplies/ Blue Wolf Ranch
Chesapeake, VA

"In case of emergency - Fur side up, steel side down!"