ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] sport saddle notes

Re: [endurance] sport saddle notes

VMAXEPT@aol.com
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 02:32:07 -0400

In a message dated 96-06-14 09:58:14 EDT, hotspots@fast.net (Sandy.Terp)
writes:

>1. I use a neoprene girth which I like however, I can't get my heart
> monitor to stay on it. I've tried the peel and stick velcro.
> I've tried the wax they put in candle bases to hold them. Nothing
> seems to work. I do ride with a fairly loose girth which I'm sure
> doesn't help.

To fix the electrode on the neoprene girth: get MOLESKIN from drug store-shoe
section, cut a piece as wide as the girth and 3 inch long. CLEAN the girth
well, peel the back off the moleskin stick it to the inside of the girth.
place electrode on the moleskin.
MOST riders report this works great even with a loose girth.
HOWEVER. a loose girth going up hill at speed will most likely give bad
reading. Try to grith just sung ..try different setting from too tight to too
loose look for a compromise that the horse will tolerate and the HRM will
function.

Regards
Roger