ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: Northern Calif. Rattlesnakes

[endurance] Re: Northern Calif. Rattlesnakes

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Wendy Milner wrote:

> leg, most people will not pay the bucks for the antivenom. For horses
> bit in the nose, the nose tube is manditory and antivenom highly
> recommended. Most hospitals in major snake country will carry the
> antivenom. Anti-biotics are also recommended. (Same for dogs
> although a bite on the nose will look horrible, only anti-biotics
> are generally given.)

Good point. I mean the nose tube. Otherwise swelling precludes the abilty
to breathe. Beats the alternative. The dreaded trach, often leaving long
lasting undesired effects.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~
www HOMEPAGE http://www.slonet.org/~tcrocket