ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Animal Rights & OBendurance!

Re: [endurance] Animal Rights & OBendurance!

MARISA---,'-@ ("MARISA---,'-@")
Wed, 29 May 1996 15:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 29 May 1996, Wendy Milner wrote:

> Regardless of how you feel, or how strongly you feel about the subject,
> discussions about animal rights do not belong here. If there were
> a PETA activity scheduled to stop an endurance ride, then by all means
> mention it here. Otherwise, take your comments to a forum where such
> discussions belong.

Amen Wendy!! To the person who originated the activist message--PLEASE
stick to endurance!! We recently almost lost the endurance list. And I
for one do not want to lose it! Please please stick to endurance....

OBEndurance: I need to hear any and all alternatives to pads, so that I
can give ideas to my farrier. Vet says no pads, farrier says yes pads,
and I'm trying to find a good compromise. Because Special has lots of
corrective shoeing done, easyboots over shoes are not really a good
alternative. Any ideas anybody??? I've thought of cutting the centers
out of pads so that I can clean them out and put iodine on her hooves. Is
this a good alternative?? I would really like to hear what other people
who ride on lots of rock do! TIA!!

............................. * Remember the tortoise... *
purpl2@teleport.com * You can only make headway *
* If you stick your neck out! *
Something Special, Idgie Threadgoode ********************************
-- Sa Fad-Jewel, Shadow & Lakota --