ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] purpose of this list

Re: [endurance] purpose of this list

SandyDSA@aol.com
Fri, 17 May 1996 12:11:31 -0400

>>To: murgnme@pacific.net
>>From: Betsy O'Shea <boshea@magic1.org>
>>Subject: Re: [endurance] purpose of this list
>>
>>Good post. I am also sick of the flaming, and yet it continues. Do these
>people not know the difference between offering different opinions and
>ridiculing some one elses ideas or statements. Do we have to flash
>credentials to have any validity? I have learned so much in the few months
>I have been on the list and am overwhelmed by the kindness and patience
>people have shown in answering my questions. Thats what I would like to
>continue.
>Betsy O'Shea and Afterglow
>boshea@magic1.org
>Paola,Kansas

I agree that there is unnecessary antagonism at work. Two things strike me as
significant: 1. I believe that one should own some quality of credentials
before sending out Email that might affect the way a rookie might work with a
horse. i personally would be more than a little uncomfortable if something i
said was used to the detriment of the newcomer, simply because it worked for
me. All of thee things when passed on SHOULD be QUALIFIED with that simple
caveat - It worked for me and under these circumstances. Also, in one
particular case, there was reason for some heat - the subject of kickers. I,
too, was heated by the idea that kickers should be accomodated and tolerated.
2. I am impressed when an individual who has for whatever reason offended
another chooses to apologize. I think this bespeaks a bigger person than the
one who may be right but insists upon the victory of debate. So... let's get
on with! And... while we're at it, please go easy on the stallion population
- they are not the only bad actors! Later
san