ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] AERC Memberhip & How to Remove #'s???

[endurance] AERC Memberhip & How to Remove #'s???

Linda Flemmer (CVLNURS@CHKD-7.evms.edu)
Fri, 17 May 1996 11:48:07 -0500 (EST)

Karen,

You wrote:

>I was wondering if anybody might have some suggestions
> for removing the #'s off of our horses behinds - I've been using noxema and
> regular horse shampoo, but it doesn't work real well - THANX!)

We have used GOOP hand soap (comes in a tube - for automechanics.)
It also helps if you take the # off ASAP. It is much harder to
remove once the # has dried. If it is a week old before you get to
it, you will need to flake it off w/ a brush or allow it to wear off.

Wouldn't it be nice if we used a SET # all year & just touch it up on
the horse's butt every so often? Maybe our AERC # ? Those who
aren't AERC members could have a number assigned & they'd worry w/
removing it. (Incentive to join AERC?!?!)

Linda Flemmer
ABF Challenger ("Rocket") & Eternal Point ("Major")
Blue Wolf Equestrian Supplies/ Blue Wolf Ranch
Chesapeake, VA

"In case of emergency - Fur side up, steel side down!"