ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Equithotic shoes

Re: [endurance] Equithotic shoes

LONG JUDY (long.judy@smtpgateway.centigram.com)
Tue, 14 May 96 09:00:39 PST

Linda Flemmer wrote:

>It's funny - I'd just started to write this when the "pat on your own
>back" post came from Slypner! My 2 friends at the Biltmore used the
>Slypner shoes & had problems w/ them. They had several inserts pop
>out, and they were constantly up & down off their horses to check to
>see if the inserts were still there. They felt that they lost
>considerable time in the race because of this.

This is depressing! I just put Slypners on my horse last Sunday. Did
your friends have a lot of shaping done on the shoes? Had they used
them before or was this the first time? I'm going to the Castle Rock
ride here in the west this weekend and I'm having major worry attacks
about these shoes.

I don't remember a "pat on your own back" e-mail from Slypner. Is
this something on the e-mail list or rec.eq?

>Has anyone had any experience w/ with any of the other "padded" steel
>shoes? (like the equithotics - silicon(?) over steel)

A woman at our barn just tried the Equithotics (Sneakers). They
looked pretty good after 6 weeks or so and she had them reset.
She's going with me to Castle Rock so we'll see how they hold up.
She is happy with how the horse is moving and how the shoes are
wearing. She is using them on the front only. Our terrain here is
mainly dirt trails and roads, nothing real tough.

Nick is planning on trying the Sneakers on Shatta but it will be a
while before he does any significant riding.

Judy Long and Nachi Sunshine (aka Warpaint)
Hayward, Ca.