ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Easy Foam & (fwd)

Re: [endurance] Easy Foam & (fwd)

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Wed, 8 May 1996 06:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Lucie A. Hess wrote:

> You do not need shoes for endurance riding or NATRC rides. Some rides
> reccomend shoes because of the rocky terrain, but it is up to the rider
> to decide if their horses need shoes. Lucie Hess, Columbia, Mo.

Can't speak about NATRC, but there are plenty of endurance rides that
include the rules "Horses and mules must be shod" (I am looking at an
entry form right now that includes this. I, however, have found that
this rule can be ignored (and nobody much notices) or you can get an
exception from ride management or the head vet.

Tevis, however, has a hard and fast rule about this.

It isn't an AERC rule, but generally it is up to the ride, not the rider.

kat
Orange County, Calif.