From: AEisele243@aol.com[SMTP:AEisele243@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 1996 10:23 PM
To: endurance@moscow.com
Subject: [endurance] endurance saddles

would like to know if anyone has trouble with their Orthoflex saddles
rubbing their horses;and how they remedied it. we have tied shimming at
different positions with no improvement. we ride in a blanced position =
with
our horses collected. thanks.=20

*********************End of forwared mail *******************************

As part of the Endurance Equipment company "The Australian Connection"
I can give a few tips on what we have done to help our customers who were
in similar predicaments.
Most rubbing problems are in the loin area. The saddle is long and
causes soreness or hair loss in the loins. A lift pad like the PBM or
Equine Innovations' Protector Pad usually resolves that problem. It lifts
the saddle off the rear of the horse just enough. This pad will also free
up the shoulder area.
The other problem is the "booties" cause too much friction along the
whole back. This is because the bootie is attaced to the saddle and moves
when the saddle move. Thus friction! Remove the booties and use a high
quality pad such as a triple thick Toklat, or better yet use a PMB type
pad (see above) with a thin fleece pad. You could also leave the booties
on and place an EQUILON square under the saddle against the horse.

For more help and information about these pads call Janet at
916-791-1542, For a catalog call 1-800-847-8521

Ray Santana
UC Davis Medical Center
Network Operations
raymond.santana@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu