ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Re: horse w/sickle hocks

Re: [endurance] Re: horse w/sickle hocks

lee clark (laclark@unm.edu)
Fri, 3 May 1996 08:18:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 2 May 1996, SELINA COBB wrote:

> To Lee Clark:
> Yes, by all means, sell this "sickle hocked" horse quickly. He
> deserves a secure home with a partner who appreciates his abilities and
> loves him for himself - not someone who's ready to throw him out of the
> family because of one cosmetic flaw.
> Tina (& Trav & KC & Arnie the Gold Ret),Santa Rosa, CA

What he needs is a secure home doing something that will not cause
injury because of his -conformational- flaw. Distance riding can be
very stressful for the horse, what I asked for in my post was whether
his being sickle hocked would predispose him to having problems later
on. Conformational flaws are not always only cosmetic.

Lee Clark> >