ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] first ride & sickle hocks

Re: [endurance] first ride & sickle hocks

Samm C Bartee (bartesc@mail.auburn.edu)
Thu, 2 May 1996 14:04:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hey! My biggest problem with vetting and the stallion attitude is that
at pre-ride he is so excited that he really trots out big and pretty and
shows off for all to see. THEn by the time it rolls around to the second
and third check when he has used up the show-off energy, he is trotting
like he should, but they think it's a bad attitude since he isn't as good
as the pre-ride check. Hope this makes sense. I try to tell them that
he is very excited and won't trot that way during the next days checks,
but it doesn't do any good sometimes. sigh. hormones:-)

APPY TRAILS

SAMM C. BARTEE
SIR REVEL--only 120 miles to 1000
MOONLIGHT JET--just getting started at 16