ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: Riders size and horse size

[endurance] Re: Riders size and horse size

Sullys Maze (Sully@forsythe.stanford.edu)
Tue, 30 Apr 96 12:45:59 PDT

[39200] TUE 04/30/96 10:33 FROM SandyDSA@aol.com: [endurance] Horse Sizes;
23 LINES

From: SandyDSA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 11:46:21 -0400
To: endurance@moscow.com
Subject: [endurance] Horse Sizes
Sender: owner-endurance@moscow.com

Just a query for the general population - what is your height and weight AND
the size of the horse you ride? About half of the people who have come to see
our mare for sale who is nearly 15.2 AND A PB Arabian!... say they want
something bigger. HOW MUCH BIGGER? Geeez, from a functional standpoint,
distance horses should not be overly large. We are talking about people who
are not more than 5'10" here, not some giants who need a Percheron. I would
like some input. Thanks! san

--------------
I'm a smidgen under 6 ft., and weight range from 122 to 130. I
ride some endurance on an Arab mare, very round, about 14.2 h.
My feet are half way to her knees, but it does not cause any
problems.

My other mare is just under 15.2, and a very stocky Arab/Walker
To me, she is just on the border-line of being too big! Even
though I "look" better on her, and her P & R's are everu noy
whoops, every bit as good as the smaller mare, she just seems like
she is not as handy as the smaller mare. And, I think she would
also be ideal for a heavyweight rider.

My ideal size is about 15h.

Karen

To: ENDURANCE@MOSCOW.COM