ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Extroverted Vocal Mare

Re: [endurance] Extroverted Vocal Mare

C. Morse (cmorse@reg.seresc.k12.nh.us)
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 06:32:27 -0700

Pamela M. Corley wrote:
> My mare has what I call an extroverted (what's the horse term?) personality
> and is very vocal around other horses. This behavior occurs both when she
> is in heat and when she is not.
>
> Do any of your endurance horses have this personality? I would like to
> learn more about this personality and its quirks. Any suggestions?
>
> Pamela Corley
> pcorley@hsc.usc.edu

Miss Kitty is noticeably calmer now when I'm riding with someone, but when
we're alone or end up alone (on a ride; I don't have these problems at home)
she calls to any other horse in earshot *constantly*! I don't have any
suggestions, but I'd sure like some, if there's anything that CAN be done.
Yes, it is quite annoying. I don't know if it's related to being in heat...
I've started to think Kitty is *always* in heat!

Caroline in NH

--
"We're Starfleet officers... weird is part of the job."
          Capt. Janeway, U.S.S. Voyager