ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] 25 to 50

Re: [endurance] 25 to 50

Jude Hall (hall@cc.denison.edu)
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:23:56 -0400 (EDT)

Wendy Milner wrote:

I had a fitting done for the Sharon Saare saddle on Sunday. Since I
>live near her, Sharon was the one doing the fitting herself. Boy does
>she have an eye. (I'm impressed and not just because she loved
>Drake's conformation:-) First she looked over Drake from every angle, mostly
>standing on a step so she could see level with his back. She went
>over most of his back. She said his left side is more developed than
>his right, but only slightly.

Snip, snip

Here in Ohio, Sharon Saare held a seminar & saddle fitting clinic
at the "Equine Affaire". Of all the seminars/clinics I attended
that weekend (it was a 3-day thing), hers was by far the best.
She is incredibly knowlegeable about saddle fit & back conformation.

Her talk was most interesting as she talked about back conformation
and how it has changed over the years to fit halter judge's idea
of what is "pretty" - unfortunately for the horse, not the same
as functional....

Good luck with your saddle.

Jude Hall
in Ohio