ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] KKS Windsong

Re: [endurance] KKS Windsong

LONG JUDY (long.judy@smtpgateway.centigram.com)
Mon, 22 Apr 96 15:49:48 PST

Nancy Churchill wrote:
>I decided to get off and walk hand walk him the last mile and 1/2.

>This turned out to be really awful! We ended up with him doing circles
>around me for the entire distance, while I tried to keep him out of the way
>of the riders that were trying to pass us. Several kind people checked to
>see if I needed help, so I must have had a pretty desperate look on my
>face.

Ouch! Been there, done that! You have my sympathies. One thing that may
be encouraging to you is that my horse who is usually the worst beast on the
first half of a ride is just magic to ride on the second half. There is
something about the lunch break that makes the hysteria subside. This is
really the only reason I still have this horse. (When he's good, he's very
very good and when he's bad he's horrid).

I hope you and your boy work it out!

Judy Long
Hayward, California