ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] endurance saddles

Re: [endurance] endurance saddles

Diane E. Nelson (nelsonde@ttown.apci.com)
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 08:20:14 -0400 (EDT)

Check out the archives--there are lots of entries detailing
problems/solutions with Orthoflex saddles. It appears that really
short-backed horses will have loin rubbing--no matter what you do. It
(short backs)
may also cause the saddle to bridge. The bottom line is that OF may not
be the right saddle for that particular horse.

Personally I'm not a fan of "shimming"--I believe that it introduces
additional opportunities for pressure points to develop. I think the
saddle should fit right the first time. Others can and will disagree.

Diane @ Safe Haven
Allentown, PA