ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: Heart Monitors

[endurance] Re: Heart Monitors

Sullys Maze (Sully@forsythe.stanford.edu)
Sat, 20 Apr 96 08:30:46 PDT

[38783] SAT 04/20/96 00:23 FROM murgnme@pacific.net: Re: [endurance]
Feed/heart; 55 LINES

From: "Leslie Murgatroyd" <murgnme@pacific.net>
To: "Stasia Hurley" <Stasia_Hurley@cypressres.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:13:50 +8
Subject: Re: [endurance] Feed/heart
Sender: owner-endurance@moscow.com

Stasia,

> Karen @ Sullys Maze sent this to me about heart monitors. What does everyone
> think?

<snip>

I have the V-Max, which I got directly from Roger Rittenhouse. I believe
the wires in his are thicker and stronger than in some of the others.
You can talk to Roger about this, he'll tell you about the wires he
uses...and how and why he makes his electrodes a little different
from the other one...My wires never come out, and the other ones do!
I have compared mine to the ones Karen has, and know this is true.
I have had mine for a year, and the wires have not broken. I bought
extras, just in case, but haven't used them...yet!! Also, I had a
bit of a problem with the velcro on the electrodes...so I used my
hot-glue gun...and VOILA! they've been fine ever since!!! I have
been quite happy with mine, and I know that if I have any problem, I
can send it to Roger!!

-I had thought I had mentioned this in my post to Stasia, but
doesn't look like it came through. I have switched to the wires
also from Roger R. Apparently, his white wires are surgical
steel and less likely to corrode (thats what he told me at con-
vention.) I also told him about the velcro on the electrode
problem.
I had tried to fix them with everything from hot glue, silicon
adhesive, and crazy glue. Roger told me to try Shoe Goo. However,
he has a new design electrode out I am trying-they are thicker
and quite funny looking. So far, so good.

-Karen

Leslie

Eat when you're hungry. Drink when you're thirsty.
Sleep when you're tired. ----Buddhist saying

Ride when you're stressed!!

Leslie Murgatroyd <murgnme@pacific.net> Kelseyville, CA

To: ENDURANCE@MOSCOW.COM