ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: Walkers

[endurance] Re: Walkers

Sullys Maze (Sully@forsythe.stanford.edu)
Fri, 19 Apr 96 13:09:12 PDT

[38733] FRI 04/19/96 08:43 FROM hall@cc.denison.edu "Jude Hall": Re:
[endurance] Anyone experienced with Tennesee Walking Horses; 98 LINES

Satori3@aol.com wrote:

>I've been training my horse for an endurance ride the first of June. I
>purchased Chance, currently a six-year-old, in the spring of '95. He has a
>wonderful fast walk, smooth as ice, and he's so fast that all the other
>horses with us, even the TWs we've ridden with on the trails, have broken
>into canters to keep up. I know one isn't suppose to canter a TW, but I

snip, snip

Hi "Satori" -Well, i sure wish Truman Prevatt was
on-line, as he has competed successfully
for several years with a TWH mare in
50, 75 and 100 mi. rides.

There are a few of us out here riding
gaited horses, I ride a TWH and a
Racking Horse, have ridden just 25-30
mi rides so far, but will put in my .02
worth anyway!

Jude Hall
Central Ohio
Hall@cc.Denison.edu
& Pride's Pure Angel (TWH); Kentucky Redbud
(racking horse)
P.S. Where are you from?

--
I have posts saved from Truman that tell that he would pick
the speed and let MIsty pick the gait.  Also sounded like

Karen

To: ENDURANCE@MOSCOW.COM