ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Pre-ride instructions; red ribbons, slamming,

Re: [endurance] Pre-ride instructions; red ribbons, slamming,

Kim (Kimber@themall.net)
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 12:04:21 GMT

At 04:42 PM 4/18/96 -0700, you wrote:

>2. Being looked down on by many of the 50's riders. No we aren't
>going fast, No we don't want to top 10, we want to finish with a live
>horse.. I do not have the where-with-all to own a disposable horse.
>And I love the two I have!

Hi Becky H,
Your sentence" No we don't want to top 10, we want to finish with a live
>horse.." is somewhat offensive. Do you mean that top 10 riders don't want
to finish with a live horse? I hope you don't mean that! I ride top 10, I
would like to win, and I ALWAYS want to finish not only with a live horse
but a horse that looks good and is not over ridden regardless where I place.
I think most people do, too. I resent the fact that you assume that because
one goes fast the rider feels the horse is disposable. Maybe the horse is
fit and was conditioned to go the speed it is going. Oh, and by the way, I
also love the two horses I have and don't feel they are "disposable".
Just as you do not wish to be looked down on for riding 25's please
don't generalize about riders who want to top 10. Although, "To finish is to
win" is our motto it is still an endurance race. There are rude riders in
all speeds and levels and they are the exception in this sport.

Kim