ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Fwd: Re: [endurance] Pre-ride instructions; red ribbons,

Re: Fwd: Re: [endurance] Pre-ride instructions; red ribbons,

Karen Steenhof (ksteenho@eagle.idbsu.edu)
19 Apr 1996 08:49:11 -0600

In <199604182342.QAA27657@dfw-ix2.ix.netcom.com>, KENNETH PLOUGH wrote:
>---- Begin Forwarded Message
>
>To: PLOUGH1@ix.netcom.com, endurance@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [endurance] Pre-ride instructions; red ribbons, slamming,
>NATRC
>
>OK, here I go on to my soap-box.
>
>I know I am as yet only a "limited distance" rider, but many things
>havesurfaced over the last year that really get to me.
>

>2. Being looked down on by many of the 50's riders. No we aren't
>going fast, No we don't want to top 10, we want to finish with a live
>horse.. I do not have the where-with-all to own a disposable horse.
>And I love the two I have!

Who is looking down on who here? You are implying that 50-milers ride
too fast and consider their horses disposable. An unfair
implication!!!!!

Karen Steenhof
Boise, Idaho
(whose horse will be starting his 10th year of endurance riding
tomorrow, with 5700+ miles of 50 mile rides and longer).