Subject: Re: [endurance] water supply
Author: "Diane E. Nelson" <nelsonde@ttown.apci.com> at smtpgateway
Date: 04/15/96 03:12 AM

My experience carrying water bottles on either side of the breastplate or
attached to the saddle at the pommel (more awkward) has been soreness
developing in my
mare's shoulders and a raised ridge along the line that follows the
breastplate to the center piece. So now I carry the bottles in a fanny
pack--the ones that Teddy Lancaster sells don't jostle or irritate me at
all. I might consider trying to affix a couple to the cantle but given
that I'm not your most flexible person on the trail, I might have a little
difficulty in hooking/unhooking under certain circumstances.

Diane @ Safe Haven