ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #389

[endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #389

rtsantana@ucdavis.edu
Thu, 11 Apr 96 10:21:06 +0900

Tell your husband that being comfortable is tantamount to being "good
looking". I wear tights in either a solid color or with a simple stripe
down the outside. The riding tights work well because of the ultrasuede
shin/knee patches. I don't get rubbed, riding my Aussie saddle or my
English saddles. I have noticed that a lot of riders still use denim
jeans, which will rub the inside of a knee raw, as well as being hooter
than tights. Wear long over-the-calf socks under or over the tights for a
little extra protection. Also check your riding style, that you are NOT
swinging your leg forward and back in order to post. This will pinch your
calves under the stirup leathers. Get our leg under you when you ride and
the rubbing will be reduced. Your husband could also try riding breaches,
English style pants, which are pretty rugged, have good patches usually,
and slippery enough to keep from "sticking" to a saddle.

Call The Australian Connection for "made to fit" tights in a variety
of colors. 916-791-1542.

//--- forwarded letter

> End of endurance-digest V1 #389

Ray Santana